This data set includes 1-year of combined E-scooter trip data from two companies (Bird and Lime) which operated in the city of Indianapolis, IN between Sep 2018 and Aug 2019. During this period, nearly than 1.2 million trips were made on E-scooters that covered a distance of more than 1.25 million miles. The data set (purr_scooter_data.csv) contains the raw data with an additional layer of hashing to enhance data privacy. Following are the attributes:
- trip_id - Unique anonymized trip identifier
- scooter_id - Unique anonymized scooter identifier
- start_time_utc - Start time of the trip (ISO 8601 format ([YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]T[hh]:[mm]:[ss][TZD]))
- end_time_utc - End time of the trip (ISO 8601 format ([YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]T[hh]:[mm]:[ss][TZD]))
- start_lat - Latitude of trip origin
- start_lon - Longitude of trip origin
- end_lat - Latitude of trip destination
- end_lon - Longitude of trip destination
- distance_miles - Distance covered by the trip in miles
The authors would like to thank City of Indianapolis for sharing the source dataset through the public records request.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
This data was acquired from City of Indianapolis through the public records request.