This dataset contains videos furnishing visual presentations of some of the stored fragments of the Rough Cilicia Survey Project Ceramics Study Collection, a collection of more than 300 useful diagnostic sherds of the most commonly observed forms of the region. The collection was arranged on the floor in the Ceramics laboratory so that team members could examine them individually and learn to identify the various forms in the field. The video was shot in 1999 by Matthew Dillon.
- Introduction: studycoll.mov
- Classical and Hellenistic Greek Fineware: hellfine.mov
- Roman Fineware: erfine.mov
- Imported Transport Amphoras: foramphs.mov
- Local Amphora Production: zemers.mov
- Local Coarseware Production: coarsewre.mov
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
- Rauh, N. K. (2018). Videos Documenting Fragments from the Rough Cilicia Survey Pottery Study Collection. Purdue University Research Repository. doi:10.4231/R7H993DF
The clips were created in 1999. They are in the QuickTime Movie format (mov). Each clip is approximately 10 MB and plays for approximately 50 seconds.
Rough Cilicia Archaeological Survey Project
This publication belongs to the Rough Cilicia Archaeological Survey Project group.