The objective of this experiment is to provide additional information on the interaction of amount of vegetative cover and spectral response. It is a factorial experiment with two replications where the factors are:
- Soil Moisture: (1) Fallow in 1974, (2) Wheat in 1974
- Nitrogen Fertilizer: (1) None, (2) 30 lbs/acre
- Seeding Rate: (1) 30 lbs/acre, (2) 60 lbs/acre, (3) 90 lbs/acre
These data were collected as part of the LACIE Field Measurements Project. More information can be found in the LACIE Field Measurements Project Plan, 1974-75 and in the LACIE Field Measurements Data Library, Volume I, 1975 crop year.
The test took place in 1975.
The supporting docs include a brief summary of used instruments, a wavelength table (Wavelength_ASCII.txt), reflectance note and reflectance tables (ReflectanceTable206.txt and ReflectanceTableMulti.txt), and file format description (ExperimentDataFormat3.txt). The format description file is in ASCII format in lines of 80 characters.
This research dataset is part the Field Research Data Library that consists of over 200,000 spectral observations of soils and vegetation that have been collected since 1972 till 1991 as part of the research focused on vegetation and soils at the Laboratory for Applications of Remote Sensing (LARS) located at the Purdue University.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
- Location: Experiment Station, Williston, ND
- County: Williams
- Latitude/Longitude: 0480758N 1034434W
- Illumination: Solar
- Spectrometer: Exotech 20C-SW
- Wavelength Range: 0.40-2.40 um
- Experiment Type: Crops - Spring Wheat