Groups have two roles:
Managers & Members
When you create a group, you are automatically made its first manager. As manager, you can also promote members to help you run the group.
A group manager can:
- Create group participation rules
- Promote/demote members and approve/deny membership requests.
- Modify information about the group
- Create or change the group name
- Create or change the group description
- Associate the group with an external URL
- Determine whether or not your group wiki pages, resources, and discussion topics can be viewed by non-members.
- Moderate group discussions
There's no upper limit on the number of managers a group can have, but a group must have at least one manager at all times.
Promoting Members to Managers Groups can have multiple managers. As a group manager, you can promote other group members or demote other managers.
NOTE: A group must have at least one manager at all times.
To promote a member:
1. Go to the main group page and click on the “Members” tab at the left side. 2. Click on the promote icon(indicated by the arrow pointing up) next to the name of the person you would like to promote to manager status.
Member roles are a way to organize members of a group into teams. Member roles now have the ability to assign a small set of permissions to each role.
- Go to the main group page and click on the “Members” tab at the left side.
- Click on the “Add a Member Role” button in the top right.
- You must enter a role name since it is required. You can choose to assign one or many other permissions to this role by clicking on the checkboxes. Click submit to save the role.
Assigning Member Roles
NOTE: A group must have at least one role to assign to a group member. Go to the main group page and click on the “Members” tab at the left side. Click the link “Assign Role” below the user you want to assign a role for. Select the role you wish to assign from the dropdown and click “Assign Role”.